Monday, December 26, 2016

Setting The Bar High

As the end of the year nears and I get ready for 2017, I need to set some goals for myself. I've got a couple financial goals as well as a couple that aren't financial.

My main financial goal for 2017 is to knock out $25k of my debt. It seems kind of optimistic, but at the rate I have been going each month I think I might be able to do it if I put in a little bit more intensity towards the budget each month. If I can do it, over half of my remaining debt will be gone.

The other financial goal I have is to cash flow a trip to Taiwan I am taking in mid-February. I know taking vacations isn't great for trying to get out of debt, but the trip was already in the works before I started my Total Money Makeover. I paid for the plane ticket with cash and I already have a place to stay for free when I am there. So all I have to do is save a little bit for souvenirs and food for the trip which should be super simple.

As far as non-financial goals, two that I have really relate to each other. I want to really work towards improving my health and sticking to it. I know it's the cliche New Year's resolution, but I'm completely serious about it. I started following a fitness and eating plan at the end of 2015 and in to 2016 that was actually working and for some reason that I can't understand I stopped doing it. Low and behold all the progress I made is completely gone. So I am going to get back on the plan as well as training for a 5k this summer so that I can beat my time from this past summer. Working on my running and following the other health plan should really help me crush my fitness goals.

Finally, I want to pass at least three out of five of my Architecture Registration Exams. I'm not sure how much studying I actually need to do for these since I haven't taken one yet, so I could possibly complete more than three in the span of a year. I plan to get back in to studying for the first one this week since I kind of fell off because of the holidays.

I have set some lofty goals for myself for 2017, but I also think they are achievable if I really get Gazelle Intense in all aspects of my life this year.


Starting Debt: $50,000
Current Debt: $46,368

No comments:

Post a Comment