Sunday, January 15, 2017

Forward Thinking

Over the past week or two I have been thinking more about what I want to do once I finally get out of debt. I know my debt freedom is still projected to be two years away, but I think having goals for after that point will push me to get out of debt even faster.

One of those post-debt dreams is to own a home. A lot of the houses in this area go for around $200k, so I am hoping to have at least $50k saved for a down payment before I start looking. I've printed myself off a little chart so that when I get to the point that I am saving I can visually see how far I am towards that total. I can't really project how long that will take post-debt because there is the possibility of raises before I reach that point.

Another goal that I have for life after debt is to finally own my dream car. It isn't a cheap car by any means (about $85k for used model that is only a year or two old, yikes), but I want to be able to pay cash for that sucker. I printed another visual savings tracker for the car fund as well.

I got my visual savings trackers from a blog called Debt Free Charts which you can find here.

Starting Debt: $50,000
Current Debt: $44,174 

No comments:

Post a Comment